Saturday, October 27, 2007

~Red Highway/Dead Highway~

The nights getting late.
There... I've said it again.
I head out the gate,
While the cold air sets in.

I'm breathing out smoke.
As I'm driving to the pumps.
5 worth then I'm broke.
And silence is broken by two lumps.

These red roads have claimed alot.
My hopes, my dreams, my tears.
I've seen a few things die.
While traveling these few years.
But these roads hold so much life.
At least for me It's true.
Although the cold cuts like a knife...
Red roads are say'n I'm due.

- Pave my way...
- Pave it black, and pave it true...
- Lay down the paint...
- And cement the markers too...
- Warm up with the sun...
- And when the night time comes...
- I'll be wait'n for that ride home...
- Between her house and mine...
- Oh Those red roads...
- Those dead roads...
- So full of life!...
- So full of life...

No comments: