Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Untangle You

Dawn breaks like bread,
You've kept me in his stead.
And I, you, in hers.
My eyes are blurry,
dew clings to frabric.
The motion of toil.
I've lost all feeling,
And my muscles coil.
I feel black,
That trace of a smile.
Lost in a heartless heart
Of guilded emotionless bile.
I've lost my way again,
Again I've lost my way.
I've caught you falling.
Slipping, crawling.
Enough!
Grasp the cup I hold,
And before I leave,
Gulp the bold.
Walk away and fake love.
to children,
To those above.
I untangle you from me.
I've slept inside to hide.
And sworn it's happened before.
I've lost all faith.
I untangle you from my heart.
I untangle you from me.
(Half way into the new year and only one post to show for it. I think this site has become the next "poem a year" blog. lol. man I've had a strange year. and I have the feeling it's only going to get more so. Love you all! Hope my poems have sparked something inside each of you)

No comments: